Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Here's wishing everyone a much better 2009 than we had 2008. This first day of the new year finds me and mine all doing well. The past couple of days were quite nice so I finally gave in to the gardening urge. Hoed up a few of my garden plots and weeded them and then my son helped me to plant some spinach and lettuce. A few bulbs have gone into the ground, some cuttings were taken to be rooted (hopefully), and I've started some seeds in the greenhouse, or my "green office" as my son calls it. The house is in dire need of cleaning and the laundry is piled up, but I am about to go back outside and do a little more gardening prep. Maybe plant a few more seeds..

This new year brings lots of promise and potential fun. Our GardenHoe group is considering expanding Naomi's garden plot and doing some bulk veggie growing this year, not only to provide us with lots of homegrown goodies, but to allow us to be vendors at a Farmer's Market that is looking to start here in our area. Of course, just doing veggies isn't enough for us so we're thinking about doing some crafts and other goodies to sell as well. Keep watching the blog for updates on this little venture.

I've also got two other "fun" volunteer jobs this year. I'm serving as co-leader for the Connections Team at my church and I'm so excited about being able to serve in this capacity. Additionally, I was recently elected to the Board of Directors for the Austin Pond Society as the Publicity Chair. I hope I can do a good job for these. I'm very excited about serving with these fantastic people.

No comments: