Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gettin' a New 'Do

While I've been thinking, for some time, about doing something with my hair, I think it was my SIL's changing her hair that finally got me energized to do the same. (Her hair looks GREAT, BTW.)

For a while I was thinking about just getting a trim and getting a perm/body wave. I'd gotten several compliments on my hair when I did the whole head curled thing (like at DD's last birthday). When my parents were down for my DS's 3rd bday, Mom got me some hair magazines and, well, that opened up a whole can of worms. I found a variety of styles/cuts that struck my fancy. After doing some research I learned that several of the cuts weren't good for my mega-thick mop of hair but there were a few styles that kept popping up. Funny thing was they were the same cuts I'd picked out in the mags. One was more of just a trim (keeping my hair just below shoulder length) but with many layers. The second was a short bob-type cut.

Hair grows back...eventually... so I have decided to be "adventurous" and go for the short cut (unless I completely chicken out when I get there).

That said, I gotta run so I can get to my appt. Cross your fingers it turns out and I don't have to wear a brown paper sack to my Garden Hoes meeting afterwards.

No comments: