Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crikey... He's 3 Already!

This past weekend we celebrated our son's 3rd birthday, and the end of another birthday/holiday season. WHEW... With both kids' bdays near the holiday season, things get mad, crazy around here for a couple of months. I'm happy to announce that we have, however, survived another year of it.

We were blessed to have friends and family join us Saturday for cupcakes, ice cream and punch. Crocodiles/Alligators was this year's "theme". My aunt had sent me the cutest "cake" idea where a crocodile/alligator was made using cupcakes (and a few extras). It was über-easy to make and even easier to serve! Most importantly, my son LOVED it! The table was decorated in a swamp theme. 

I can't believe he's 3 years old already. I hate that he's growing so fast (as is our beautiful daughter), but adore that he still loves to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy. His favorite thing to say right now, besides variations on "no", is "Mommy (or whomever), do you like me?" When we respond that we do he replies, "I like you, too." 

He's going potty quite well on his little potty and, sometimes, on the big potty too. Soon, diapers and pull-ups will be a thing of the past around here! He loves to crawl into bed with me and Daddy early in the morning and if I get out of bed before he wakes up, upon waking, he finds me and inquires "Who told you you could get up Mommy?". I love this little man!

Below: Daddy shows the birthday boy how The Hulk gloves work. Funny thing is one of the "sounds" the gloves make is something our son can be heard saying when he's frustrated and not getting what he wants. "You're making me angry!" We got a chuckle out of that. Secondly is a pix showing off his new bike helmet.


1 comment:

ginny said...

Cute, cute, cute theme! 3 is one of my favorite ages :)