Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teething..... Again

My poor baby boy. As if being 2.5 years old wasn't hard enough, my DS started teething a molar late yesterday. We were a big happy family out running a couple errands when, as though someone flipped a light switch, Ryan began screaming that his mouth and ear hurt. At first we didn't know what the problem was. All we knew was that our little baby boy was in intense pain, NOTHING we did could console him or get him to quit screaming at the top of his lungs in the store.

While I felt bad that someone was going to have to put away the items that we had in our shopping cart, and frustrated that we would have to make another trip to get the items, our main concern was getting our baby home. It was as we were pulling into the drive that I put 2 and 2 together. Teething! URG... I'd enjoyed that little hiatus we'd had with no new teeth coming in.

Dose of the BEST teething medicine in the WORLD, Hyland's Teething Tablets, and a little pain killer/fever reducer and all was well... for four hours. That little cry crushes my heart. He just woke up from the start of his nap earlier screaming that his mouth hurt. Couple teething tablets and he told me he was going to finish his nap... which is good, cause he's got a little fever this afternoon of 101.6 and needs to sleep that away.

I need to go and make sure my DD is actually taking her nap (which is doubtful since she recently decided that she "can't sleep during the daytime anymore") and check on my little man.

To anyone else who reads this and is suffering with a teething child right now, my prayers are with you..and your little one. Here's hoping you BOTH get some relief and rest.

No comments: