Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweater for Reese & Other Knitting

With only a little bit left to knit, my unofficial ADD got the better part of me and this little sweater, which I began knitting right after having had Reese, went into a mini-hibernation. FINALLY, today, I finished it. I'm very tickled with the end result and can't wait for my littlest guy to wear it.

Also knit up a little scarf collar for DD. She'd picked some yarn from my stash and wanted a
scarf knit from it. Unfortunately, I only had 27 yds of the bulky so it ended up being a "collar". Hadley picked out the groovy button used to close it. Knit up in just a jiffy.

Although I STILL have the Tuscany shawl that needs to be finished (and I should be working on it so I can have it done to wrap up in on cold days like today), I cast on for the Celtic Tote this afternoon. I've wanted this tote since it made its appearance in Interweave Knits Winter 2007 issue. Thanks to a coupon for % off purchase, I got some yarn to get knitting on it! It has a more intricate and challenging cable pattern than I've ever knit before so it should prove interesting, however, having just completed a simple cable project with the Sleeveless Cabled Baby Sweater, I'm feeling confident that I can work through it. The body of tote is going to be a Natural Brown Fisherman's Wool and the trim will likely be black. Not decided about that part yet.

I'm SO excited I finally finished Reese's little sweater though. Also, for Thanksgiving, he wore for the first time, the little maize colored cardigan I'd knit up while pregnant. He was so handsome in it!

No comments: