Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baby's Room


FINALLY, I'm posting pix of the baby's room. I've had them on the camera for eons but am just now getting around to downloading the pix. Blame the delay on having three kids and too many projects...

We were going for a "vintage sports theme". It is a handsome little guy's room, IMO (in my opinion)....AND making it even more stellar, again IMO, is that this is predominately a "re-mix" room...one that I am MOST proud of!

An old camel-colored micro-suede couch slip cover, with a huge ink stain, was the jumping off point for the remix and the "base" fabric for the baby bedding. The curtains we had gotten from freecycle a few years ago and were using them in our room. The sheers were being used in my old office. The bed was a hand-me-down from a friend of mine, Heidii, who also was responsible for making the super cool pennants that spell out the baby's name. The dresser, wicker shelves and rocking chair were things I already had, although a coat of red paint made the chair so pretty. The same red paint spruced up an old lamp, some frames and a couple shelves. My super talented and wonderful Mom made ALL the baby bedding and the uber-comfy chair cushions. She also dyed some sheets and changing pad covers I had to brown to match everything!

Everything came together to make a really cool room that I absolutely LOVE! AND, this baby bedding set will see yet another life when Reese moves into room with his older brother Ryan. I'm going to re-mix the bedding to make valances for the curtains and pillows for the beds and continue the sports theme to the boys room. I already have an idea on a baseball bat bookshelf...

No comments: