Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Bloom!


While out cleaning in the yard yesterday I spotted the year's first bloom! To make it even more exciting, it wasn't anything I'd planted but a "surprise". What a JOY!

My parents were in town for a couple of days and, as usual, we put them to work. This time out in the yard. While keeping the kiddos occupied, Mom (aka Nanny) helped me with some seed starting, seed transplanting and general garden design ideas. I'm SO very excited about the garden plan we concocted. I think it is going to make the front of the house look absolutely lovely...now I just have to get it implemented.

Dad started the day helping me to till my veggie garden so we could amend it with compost and prep it for the spring planting. After he finished there he helped my DH trim several trees in the front yard. THIS was NO small endeavor. What a difference a few less branches, okay a lot less droopy branches makes.

Hopefully, we'll be able to share pix of the front yard clean-up as we progress.

No comments: