Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recycled Tshirt Bath Rug

Tshirt Rags were the Alternative Yarn group on Ravelry's April KAL. Okay, so I'm behind everyone else...what else is new? I have been cleaning out the drawers and closets and after seeing a pile of old tees that we wouldn't or didn't need to be wearing again, I decided to join in the fun. Following tutorial for making rag yarn, or "Tarn" in this case, I cut 1" strips and, on US15 needles, CO today during lunch.

Creating something useful out of things that would otherwise be tossed is fun. For my first rug, I'm not going to go all out and do one as beautiful as some I've seen. Just going for a finished, simple project. Unfortunately, as I (in my typical fashion) have a few too many projects going on, this may take a bit but I'm excited about it thus far. Can't wait to use it!

No comments: