Thursday, March 13, 2008

In a "Family Way"

Any day now we are expecting the stray Labrador Retriever we "adopted" to have her babies.

"Holy crap!" was pretty much the reaction when we realized she was pregnant. We finished building her whelping box last night and barely escaped a trip to the emergency room when DH shot his finger with the nail gun...and he says I'M dangerous with power tools....

I invite you to check out what we have going on at the blog my DH created for the occasion at www.sunnyandherpups.blogspot.com

You can learn how we ended up with Sunny, how she got herself in a "family way", a little about her and what we are going through as a result of this process. Fortunately for the dog, my DH knows a little about this. When he was telling me about all that was going to be involved and responded to my "huh?" with a remark about not believing I was ignorant on the subject, I merely told him, in my best Mammy voice, "I don't know nuthin' about birthin' no babies, Miss Scarlett." Anyway, I ENCOURAGE you to check out the blog and pop over periodically in the coming weeks to see pix of the pups. According to our 3 yr old, "Sunny is going to have baby puppies and they are going to be SOOOOOOO cute and so tiny like baby puppies."

No comments: