Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Don't Wanna Grow Up

Mom & Dad used to tell me, as a child, that one day my birthday, which I thought took FOREVER to arrive each year, would someday come quicker than I wanted. I thought they were crazy. Never could that happen, right?

Recently I celebrated my 38th birthday. Ug. The day began with a call from mom wishing a happy bday from her and Dad. When Ray heard me on the phone with her he cried out, "Crap! It that today???" HA HA... Despite having forgotten my bday, Ray and the kiddos took me out to lunch and got me a yummy little bday cake. I'd already gotten my bday presents for myself a couple weeks earlier...a huge garden urn for the front porch and a gardening hat to provide me a little sun relief this spring/summer!

Reese gave me a wonderful bday present in that he slept through the night for the first time (and only time, apparently as it's not happened since)!

I love my wonderful family!

No comments: