Thursday, January 21, 2010

My "Little" Projects...BIG Work

So with all the nice weather we've been having, I've been getting the gardening itch. And, since the dogs had pretty much destroyed my whole gated pond garden area, I am starting from scratch on everything! I got the wild hair to take down the fence around the pond and put that fencing around my garden which I've also decided to extend a bit. Fix up the front flower beds and the back bed are also on the list. And I need to clean out the pond.

Oh, and then one day, after growing tired of sifting dirt in the garden extension one day I looked over and caught a glimpse of our sad, sad looking garden bench and decided that it needed a makeover. Hey, while I'm at it I'll also refinish the old plant stand I'd gotten for free a few years ago.

Needless to say, there is a LOT going on...or will be going on... in our yard this spring. Let's see how much I actually accomplish and how long it takes me. Even my littlest projects on my gardening to-do list are resulting in MUCH prep work. I just keep telling myself that the end result is going to make all this work worth it.... at least I HOPE so.

No comments: