So we finally got the pond cleaned out and new water added. Followed the directions, to the letter, for the declorinator/stress coat stuff. While we know now that we should have left the fish in the tub for a few days longer, we went ahead and put them back into the pond. THAT was a VERY BAD thing. Killed everything. It was a massacre and I caused it. I'm very sad that I killed all our fish. Those things had survived the nastiest of conditions only to have me kill them.
It is a sad day around here. Well, I'M sad. DH is of the mind, "Well, we learned from THAT mistake. We'll know better next time. No worries. We'll get some more." The kiddos just keep reminding me, "Mom, all your fish are dead." Yeah, thanks for that. I didn't know. Urg.