Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mama Mia

"Here I go again"...getting MORE plants.

What a WONDERFUL Saturday I had!!! With Ray and the kid's out of town my friend Naomi took me out for the day. We had a fantastic Vietnamese lunch at Sea Dragon. Our conversations on foods we've eaten and/or will never eat led to hot vin lo (which is a soft boiled duck egg containing a partially developed duck embryo. I KNOW... YICKY!! So Naomi is telling me about this dish she heard of and I'm not believing her so she asks our waiter when he comes by about it. Not only did he confirm that this "delicacy" was, in fact, a real dish but he'd eaten some just the night before! Webster's dictionary defines delicacy as 1. Luxuriousness 2. Indulgence 3. Something pleasing to eat that is considered rare and luxurious. I define delicacy and stuff you are NOT supposed to eat.

With our bellies full, we hit the 10-75% off sale at Red Barn Nursery and both stocked up with some fabulous plants.. I know... JUST what we needed - more plants...LOTS more plants. It was SO fun!

I glanced at my watch to see that we were going to have to boogie if we were going to catch the matinee showing of "Mama Mia", a movie both our husbands had NO desire to see (I've NO idea why). I'd never been to the Alamo Drafthouse for a movie. What FUN! And the movie ROCKED!!! All the actors did a fabulous job and this movie has already received the ranking of being an all time fave (along side "The Princess Bride" and "Drop Dead Fred"). The only "bad" part was during the end credits when my corneas were burned out. There are just some things Remington Steele/James Bond shouldn't wear. LOL! Seriously, it was a GREAT, laugh so long and so hard that you cry movie! See it... see it again.

After the movie, we made one more stop for plant shopping and then buzzed out to Naomi's for a bit where I got a couple more wonderful plants!!

On my way home, I stopped by some friend's house and got a couple plants from Rose! Needless to say, I've got plants coming out my ears now... and I'm loving it! Now I've gotta get them all planted, so I better run!

No comments: