Thursday, July 3, 2008

Working Virtually

Finally, after dealing with more hiccups than we liked, we are set up with our new offices at my work. The groovy thing is that I now am working virtually from my home. What a blessing to not be on the road 2.5-3 hours each day. Of course, the downside is that I'm in doing work stuff earlier in the morning and finding myself doing more work in the evenings as well. I'm not complaining though...one must make hay while the sun shines.

My DH loves me so very much that the addition on our house, which someday a few million years (at the rate we are going) will be the master bedroom suite, has been set up as my office. Once I get the rest of my boxes unpacked and pictures hung on the walls, it will be a sweet set-up. I even have my own bathroom!

I've got three windows and if you crook your neck while looking out of one of them, you can see my pond...well, the fence around the pond.

Anyway, my family has been super supportive of my working out of here and does a good job of keeping the screaming levels down and not knocking on my door all the time. (Which is a LOT for a couple of toddlers to accomplish!) The kids are still confused about how I now go to work but don't get in my car and drive away but they love that I get to eat lunch with them. I think my "business lunches" with the kiddos is my favorite part of working virtually.

Here's to remaining focused and being productive in my new "virtual" office!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

Good for you! You deserve more time with the family. I love you and think of you often!

Have a great long weekend and enjoy your celebration together.

Sis