Monday, March 1, 2010

Rest While YOU Work

What a beautiful day Saturday turned out to be. Just to think that three days ago the kids were building a snowman! Love that Texas weather.

Early morning, after getting the baby fed, I headed outside to clean the pond filter (ALMOST took a fall into the pond...THAT would have been COLD!!), finish sifting the dirt for the garden (just need to add the amendments now), and dig post holes for the wooden fence that we are going to put around the garden (the one we took down from around the pond garden area). Holy cow that digging post holes kills the hands and arms. ug. Anyway, I digress...

Ryan wanted to "help" me in prepping the garden and, turning down the hard labor part of the prep, he decided that he'd measure the holes I dug to make sure we got them as deep as they needed to be. Apparently, even THAT proved to be hard work.
Next thing I know, Ryan is telling me, "Mommy, I'm just gonna rest and watch you work." Gee, thanks for that.


Soon his sister joined him. It was such a warm and sunny day, had I been able to magically get those post holes to dig themselves, I'd had laid down and joined the kiddos for a rest in the sun...and to think that three days ago they were building snowmen!

No comments: