Saturday, October 10, 2009

Total Destruction...


Very sad news of a gardening kind. Our friggin’ dogs broke into the fence that surrounded/protected our pond and surrounding “get away” garden and completely, and I mean COMPLETELY, destroyed EVERYTHING! Screaming and tears were involved (especially considering it happened a couple days after I had the baby and my hormones were, well...haywire). Fortunately for the dogs, I didn’t kill them although they are NOT getting much loving from me these days, the turkeys. Anyway, most of the fish appear to have survived the horrific event so it is just all the plants I have to replace...and a pond I have to reclean again. Urg. All that work and it was looking so pretty for the first time since we moved in...

I can only bear to show a very small portion of the destruction that occurred. It kills me to go out there right now and I sure don't want to see pix of it all, even though I have begun trying to clean everything up. Stones were overturned, Tiki Man was knocked over, landscape cloth dug up and, of course, tons of my plants destroyed. I just needed to vent/share my sad sob story.

Anyone want a dog or two???

No comments: