Saturday, August 8, 2009

Call Me Grace

Being 8 months pregnant wasn't enough.... I had to make it even more difficult to get around. Now in a boot cast thing and with crutches, I'm almost pathetic.

So I was merely squatting down when HOLY COW I think I broke my foot! Okay, so I didn't know WHAT I did to it but it hurt badly. I popped a couple of Tylenol (only drugs I could have being preggers) and hoped for the best. A bit later, as it continued to change color, began to swell, and continued to hurt, I had to have hubby take a break from the taping a floating of the sheet rock to haul me off to the doc.

Unsure as to exactly WHAT I'd managed to do, I was sent for an x-ray. Fortunately, I didn't break anything. Just messed up a ligament or something they figure, likely re-ticking off an old track injury from eons ago. Put me in a walking cast and suggested I also use crutches.

HA HA HA....crutches... THAT was funny. Having never used crutches before AND being a huge 8 months pregnant with two toddlers running around, me and crutches didn't exactly get along very well. I tried using them a little but it was clear that by using crutches I'd only end up in an emergency room with some other injury. With that almost certain future in mind, I set the crutches aside and hopped and hobbled on my boot thing. Just call me Grace... most of my close friends who know me oh so well do. LOL

It has been two weeks since I hurt my foot and I'm very happy to say that I'm getting along great. Don't use the boot anymore (very uncomfortable) and move about pain free. Yippee.... Seriously though, to injure oneself while squatting down??? Good grief.

No comments: